Connecting sounds to energizing times

I love dancing, but I have not been listening to music for a long time. This morning when my grandson called on Alexa to share a song with me, I got re-energized with the songs we listened to and danced together.

1. What was the power of these songs to enter not only my body but also my soul?
2. Why do I feel like the lethargic stage I entered in the last month came to an end after listening to these songs and dancing with my grandchild?
3. What questions will continue to develop as I move with creative movement in my relationship with my grandchildren?

1. Hammer Time was the first song I suggested first.  Loved to see his dad and him dancing as we were communicating during our almost daily FaceTime minutes.  FaceTime requested by my grandchild as part of his breakfast routine which enables him to wake us up and be with us as when we are with him at his home.  We might want to sleep a little bit more some days as there is an hour difference, but seeing their lovely faces and focusing on whatever they want to share with us is a special gift of challenging pandemic times.   

 As I saw my son dancing with his son, my heart went back in time when I was dancing with him.  Priceless minutes I treasure.  Now he is giving his son the opportunity to have the same type of memories of their Hammer Time together. 



2. Dancing on the ceiling was the second song I suggested, just because it came to my mind.  My grandson and I danced together via Facetime, but the beat was not as powerful as Hammer Time.



3. Macarena was the third song I suggested.  He danced by himself and was not really interested in learning the moves that now are part of the public domain.


4. Dancing by Myself  As I was suggesting this song, I could not believe how attentive and interested he continued to be.  He was not going to school due to Covid exposure of a member of his sister's class and were being quarantine until test results came back.  Luckily, by noon, they were told that they could go back to school next week as no kid tested positive. :)


5. I cannot stop the feeling I thought of my youngest sister when I suggested this song.  This is her favorite.  My grandson enjoyed this one very much and began to turn around so many times I was afraid he was going to get dizzy and fall. He did not.


6. Footloose I asked my son to suggest a song from the '80s.  Once again we all danced together.





I think we would have continued, but my grandson needed to go to the bathroom.  We could not continue listening to music and dancing, but grandson suggested reading books.  We read three books,

Be Kind, by Pitta Zielow Miller:  I did a Google search and this book came first.  After a few pages, my grandson said that he read this book at his school.


After the reading, my grandson said that he was going to be kind to others with his oyster hunting.  He was going to share his oyster bounty with family, friends, the police, and even with people who might not be nice, like people who might hurt his house.  I said, "People who might hurt your house"?.  He stated, yes, because they need kindness too. 

Don't Blink, by Amy Krouse.  My grandson had such a good time discovering that a book he read at school could be online that he asked me if I could look for the book he had chosen to read while in the bathroom.  This was the first time I read this lovely book with him.  We had a wonderful time interacting with the reader online, ourselves, and the book he had in his hand.





Where do diggers celebrate Christmas? by Brianna Caplan Syers  I could not believe how long our interaction had lasted, but he asked for a final gook to read together as his mother stated he had to Zoom with his class.  He asked me to look for one of his favorite books after the Gruffalo Child.  He followed the book with joy as he turned the pages. 
 



I look forward to connecting sounds to energizing family times and long toddler attention spans..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zoom Connection to Biden's MLK Day of Service 2021

My CAP 2020-2022 and CAS 2023 Journey