Connecting to theme 5 to Peace Day: Health

 Day 5:  Health

https://vanessaloder.com/15-day-meditation-challenge-2/






My grandson has a way of connecting to the 11 themes to Peace Day (9/21) in the most indirect, yet direct ways.  During bath time we were talking about playing and friends during the third day of his first week in kindergarten.  He mentioned being hard to deal with children who were bigger than him and who were talking about not-so-nice things like guns, shooting, and killing.

I was so shocked that I do not remember exactly what he said because my whole body got filled with fear and worry that at such a young age, he was already facing the ugly side of humanity.  He said he did not want her mommy to know.  I said he needed to get away from those kids, tell them that those were not nice things to say, and talk to the teacher.  He said, "It is hard."  Then, he changed the subject.  Later on, he asked Alexa to play, "Brave."  He looked at me as he is only able to look and he said, "I know that smile."  We were dancing together with his sister.  The mental health of our children is as important as physical health.  I will become vigilant as long as I am alive.  He and his sister are the most precious blessing from the creator and I want to do all I can to keep their spirits filled with positive energy, kindness, love, and resiliency for all that life will send their way.  I cannot shield them from the negativity around them, but I will surely work on giving them the tools to release the bad and keep the goodness in them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zoom Connection to Biden's MLK Day of Service 2021

Connecting sounds to energizing times

My CAP 2020-2022 and CAS 2023 Journey