Tea's Peace Pathways

A Facebook post of a Tea Ceremony described as "The Way of Tea - Aesthetic - Spiritual Tradition of Japan" inspired me to contact its facilitator as well as the Japan America Society of Boston to start working on an idea at a seed stage, Tea's Peace Pathways.

Why?

I am interested in Peace one Day for my grandchildren.  We all love drinking decaffeinated, organic tea.  As we visualize peace, serenity, balance, and absence of fear, my 5-year old grandchild and me, a 66-year old view a serene ocean and a cup of lime-honey organic ginger tea. Could Peace One Day be as easy as sharing a cup of Tea Peace Pathways?  On September 21, 2020 (UN's PEACE DAY), Lipton and the non-profit PEACE ONE DAY sure thought it so with its slogan, Make Tea Time, Peace Time.




Where to start?

As I awaited the reply from Oklahoma, I received an email from the Japan America Society of Boston with an online opportunity to explore Coffee in Japan. I am living 30 minutes from downtown Boston, Mass now, therefore, I wrote an email to them looking for resources and experts on the "way of tea." We will see what develops there.

The reply with resources was immediate.

For resources on tea, Urasenke Boston may be a good place to contact:

In terms of providers of tea, there is a Japanese tea store in NYC:

For local Japanese grocery stores that sell Japanese tea:

If you are looking to co-host an event, unfortunately, our program schedule is set through the first half of 2022.  For programs beyond that, you can contact us after the new year.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Naoko Takayanagi
Operations Manager
info@japansocietyboston.org

MEANWHILE,

I am starting my personal education on the history of tea and its pathways to peace through what the Internet and libraries can provide for me.

The History of tea for 3-5-year-olds





For a grandmother seeking to learn about tea's pathways, " The Book of Tea, by Kakuzo Okakura"








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting sounds to energizing times

Zoom Connection to Biden's MLK Day of Service 2021

My CAP 2020-2022 and CAS 2023 Journey